Saturday, November 17, 2007

Woodworking isn't for me

I might be a medical student, but I'm not a genius. I got the bright idea to strip the paint off my night stand table. Brilliant! I worked on it Tuesday and it now looks like a spotted table...a sick spotted table. It has been sitting in my garage and every time I pull in to the garage, it startles me. I've decided today to attack this stupid table again today. To my surprise, after laboring for hours with my orange, gel stripper, a plastic scrapper and piles of paper towels, my table doesn’t look half bad. Now, I still need to sand it, stain and polyurethane it, but that should be the easy part.

Since Dad was going out to play billiards with the guys, Mom and I went out to Twigs for dinner tonight. It was slam packed. I didn't realize that so many people would have the same great idea...maybe I am a genus after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment