Thursday, May 14, 2009

PDAD...

I think I'm exhibiting symptoms of PDAD---Post Dominica Adjustment Disorder. Our professors said that it would take a while to readjust to being home in the States, but I didn't really believe them. I'm excited over the little things about being back in the States, like doing my own laundry, grocery stores that have fresh foods, not finding insects everywhere, hot water for showers, a dishwasher, and having an oven that has more than two settings (my oven in Dominica was either off or so hot it caused 3rd degree burns from touching it). I realized that I have symptoms of PDAD when I was eating a turkey melt sandwich. I saw the brownish black crumbs out of the corner of my eye and the first thing I thought was, "How did ants get on my plate?" I have also stopped myself checking for insects in all dried goods (like boxes of pasta) before cooking. However, I'm not the only one with PDAD. The other day, Farley saw something in my salad and very seriously pulled it out. It was a stem from a strawberry, but he thought it was a bug.

Dominica was fun while it lasted, but I'm so glad to be back in the United States!

I took this picture after dinner the other night. I didn't have time to run to the roof of my condo to get a picture without power lines obstructing the view. Have I mentioned that there is a car wash on the roof of my condo? The U.S.A. is such a wonderful place!!



This is my favorite photo that I've taken in Miami so far. You can see the sunset reflecting off the Ross 7000 Building from my balcony.

1 comment: