Sunday, August 15, 2010

Finishing up in Miami Beach and heading to New York City

Getting ready to leave Miami was a pain. Farley and I were doing our ER month of internal medicine,which meant that we were doing three 12 hours ER shifts per week (our shifts were not at the same time and we had to drive each other) as well as doing two or three 8 hours shifts with private practice physicians.  Farley and I also had our presentations due the week before we finished up in Miami.  About 10 days before the rotation was due to finish, we were informed that we were going to have to take a shelf exam, which is an exam over all of internal medicine.  In defense of our rotation, they were informed by the school about 14 days before the exam that we would be having it.  Luckily, I did well and Farley did excellent.  We had both been studying  during the entire rotation, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to study much in the 10-days before the exam.  

During the last couple weeks, not only did we have to get ready for the exam, go to class, pack, clean the apartment, but we had to do all sorts of odds and ends.  I knew we would get it all done eventually, but it was sure stressful, especially when we had 6pm-6am shifts in the ER to work around.  After my 6pm-6am shift, I took a picture of the ocean.  It was a little past sunrise when I took it, but I still think it is beautiful.
T
he last Wednesday we were in town, we went down to Ocean Drive to get some pictures of the hotels and restaurants at night.  I don't think that the pictures really give the feel of ocean, but they are the best I can do.  You have to imagine that it is 9:30 or so at night, it is till over 90 degrees with 95% humidity and there is dance music playing all around.
One of the last couple of days in Miami Beach, Farley went out to take a few photographs of Indian Creek.  Our apartment was in between Indian Creek and Miami Beach (there is about two blocks between them).  I haven't shown in picture of Indian Creek, so here they are. It really is a beautiful area.



I haven't seen an iguana in Miami, but Farley found one right across the street from us.


Below is what we saw directly to the left once we exited our apartment building!



We had our exam on the last Friday of July.  We had to drop our rental car off after the exam, so we asked our friend if he would mind dropping us off after the exam.  We ended up going to dinner with many people from our class and then we decided to go to "Salt."  Usually, I am Ms. Responsibility, but for some reason I figured what the heck, lets go to dinner and a move.  Farley and I were up until 3:40 packing because we had to do laundry and the laundry in our apartment was very small.  The next tenets were meeting us at the apartment to get the keys and they ended up being acquaintances from the island.  It was fun to see them before we left.  I was so tired when we boarded the plane and I kept waking up hoping that I packed everything (which I did).  Here is a picture of Miami from the air.

We had a great time living in Miami Beach, but all good things must come to an end.  Goodbye Miami Beach, Hello New York City!

1 comment:

  1. Using CarRental8 you can discover cheap car hires at over 50000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete