Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finished!

I completed my last day of medical school yesterday, Friday, December 16, 2011.  I am still waiting for evaluations from my rotations this fall and winter so I can't technically call myself a doctor yet. (Someone could fail me, which I cannot fathom happening, but I can't technically call myself a doctor until the grades are in).  I didn't get excited about being finished until my attending physician told me I could leave on Friday afternoon.  Then the excitement started growing.  I realized on the train ride home that much of the tension in my back, shoulders, and jaw was going away and it was all I could do to keep myself from dancing in the train.  By the time I got home, I was dancing and looking forward to doing something fun with Farley.  However, Farley was in Manhattan seeing an old college friend and got home about an hour after I did.  By then, I was tired--I didn't sleep much Thursday night as I was packing for the move home--so we had take out and watched a movie at home. I don't think it will really hit sink in that I'm done nor will I be comfortable having anyone call me Doctor until I see my diploma declaring that I've earned my Doctorate of Medicine.  Wow...Doctorate of Medicine.  I can't believe that both Farley and I have finished medical school.

No comments:

Post a Comment