Saturday, December 17, 2011

December 3, 2011: Bryant Park

Farley and I decided to head into Bryant Park after Thanksgiving to look around at the shops.  I did a little Christmas shopping and we had a great time looking at the Holiday Shops.  There are multiple Holiday shops in New York, but Bryant Park is my favorite location.  I think they have the nicest and most original things.  I love seeing all of the creative people and what they have made.  There are chocolate shops, tons of jewelry stores (with semi-precious stones), candles, and many shops with leather purses made either in New York City or via free-trade agreements.  It is one of my favorite things about the holidays in New York.  They set up the shops in the fall along with the seasonal restaurant, Celsius, that we had drinks at when Dawn and Chris came to town, and the ice skating rink.     

After Bryant Park, we headed to Union Square.  They also have holiday shops, but I don't like the items as much.  Mostly we just window shopped and people watched.  However, we did have to stop back at Bryant Park on the way home to pick up more things after I spoke with the family! 


Farley and me in front of the Bryant Park Christmas Tree

The Bryant Park Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment