Saturday, March 14, 2009

Miami it is...

I was hoping to be able to stay in Dominica for the transition semester, but I will be heading to Miami. Rumor has it that 100 people applied to stay in Dominica and they only let 50 stay with first priority to those who promise to stay for one or two of their clerkships, those who has a spouse attending Ross and is in the 1-4th and a magnitude of other things. However, the most important factor is if you willing to stay and do the clerkships here: neither Farley nor I were willing to commit to staying for two clerkships until we had more information about them. I think that is why we are going to Miami. Oh, well. It is kinda a bummer because we had a plan about the next few months, but it's okay. There will be hot showers in Miami, real grocery stores, and we won't have to fight with the cows when trying to walk to school.

We had a huge test covering endocrine, female and male reproduction, gastrointestinal (including esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, appendix, gallbladder, liver and pancreas), and breasts in all of our subjects (Pathology, pharmacology, microbiology and introduction to clinical medicine). I'm happy to say that both Farley and I had our best exams of our medical school careers. It is a bit funny that this was both of our best exam, since it covered more information than any other exam--excluding a final or standardized exam. Exciting! I even beat my arch Nemesis pharmacology by earning an A!

Last night was the 4th semester banquet. It was nice to have our whole class (plus another 200-300 people who somehow came as "dates") at one dinner. However, it seems a bit premature to me as we have a million more test before we are finished with the semester on April 22nd. It was held at a gentleman's mansion on top of the Dominican hilltops. I wish I could have gotten more pictures of the view, but with the tents set up for the students, it wasn't really possible. Here are a couple pictures:


There has been a lot going on in the last couple weeks and we will be very busy for the next two months. I have to master the kidneys, which is easier said than done! I better get back to my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment