Wednesday, March 25, 2009

They give me fever....

Being away in the Caribbean means that I don't get to enjoy Gonzaga Basketball as much as I would like to. I'm teased by the alumni emails stating that "alumni seats are still available" when I obviously can't attend any games. Also, being so far away I only get to see games that are on ESPN and they often come on t.v. very late here. Finally, being out of the U.S.A. you generally cannot watch t.v. over the Internet, so I can't even watch games over the Internet.

But it's March and my Zags are still dancing, which is something to celebrate. The feed of the NCAA tournament in the Caribbean is via the east coast; therefore, we didn't see much of the Zags in the first two rounds. They would just pop on over during half-time of some east coast game to the Zags game and obviously we got to see the end of the Gonzaga/Western Kentucky game. My heart was pounding, I was screaming, and jumping with excitement, my sympathetics went into overdrive---it was like reliving the best moments of undergrad!!

I'm not sure if they will be showing the UNC/Gonzaga game in Dominica on Friday night, but I'm scheduled to be studying clinical medicine skills in lab at 10pm on Friday night--the same time as tip-off is scheduled. I'm not 100% sure my Zags will beat UNC, but I'm hoping and praying because then I can brag to all of the UNC graduates at school. Besides, we haven't been to the elite eight since 1999. Go Zags!


1 comment: