Monday, July 23, 2012

New York, New York Day 7

So the day finally came that we had to fly back home.  We had a late flight so we decided to have a leisurely morning.  We wanted to mail a few things back to the house (so that we didn't have to check luggage), so we went to the closest post office, which happened to be closed on Saturdays.  I knew that the post office in my old neighborhood was open so we took the 10 minute train ride to Astoria and mailed the package.  We ended up getting breakfast in Mike's Diner, which is a place I walked past daily when I lived in Astoria and never entered.  There were always people inside and I can see why: the food was good and the prices were reasonable.  We headed back to the hotel for a little while before heading our to LaGuardia for our flight home.  We left New York at 4pm local time and arrived home about 8pm local time, which was the best flight I've ever had.  It was a nice easy flight home.  I really love New York City and going back confirmed it.  I don't think I'd want to live the rest of my life as a New Yorker because I'd miss the Northwest too much (the area and my family), but I wouldn't mind doing a fellowship back there.  I guess you never know what life is going to bring you!

No comments:

Post a Comment