Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Berkeley

This morning when I was looking at flights heading home, I noticed that Southwest is having a super sale (though tomorrow). I wish I knew exactly when and where I'll be heading to in January, as I could have booked the ticket to the east coast for $100.00!! Isn't that crazy? As a coincidence, the other day I was thinking that it's been over two and a half years since I last saw one of my closest college friends, Mary. When I called to tell my parents that I booked my flight home after the Step, I mentioned the great sale and how long it's been since I've seen Mary. My Mom suggested that I call Mary to see if she has time for me to come down (My Dad, on the other hand, misses his little girl so much that he doesn't even want me to meet up with friends for coffee let alone go to California for a weekend). I assumed that Mary wouldn't have time for me to come visit as she is up to her neck in her lab work for her PhD dissertation. But, to my surprise, she said to plan the trip because she can arrange her schedule so that she doesn't have to go to lab much on the days I'm in town. In less than 24 hours, I went from not knowing exactly when I'd be coming home after the Step to booking my flight home and making a surprise side trip to see a friend.

I've been doing fairly well on the Step prep questions and feeling more and more confident the last couple weeks. But, the last two days haven't been so super, which can be at the same time discouraging and motivating. I also have the motivation of all the excitement after the Step. Assuming no two-day flight delays, I will be home for two Thanksgiving dinners (one at my Aunt and Uncle's house and the other at our neighbor's house) and I get to see one of my most beloved friends. I'm so excited about the fun to come after the exam that I feel like Popeye after eating spinach--I'm recharged, excited and ready to study!

No comments:

Post a Comment