Friday, November 25, 2011

Residency Application

Farley and I have been in the middle of the residency application process since July. The application season opens in July when you can start working on your application and the application are first delivered to the programs on September 1st.  Then the waiting begins: will they or won't they interview us.  Luckily, Farley and I have both been offered a good number of interviews and most of them are in the same city, so we will likely get to stay near each other next year.  However, we will not know until March where we will finally end up.

I think the most stressful part of the application process is arranging the transportation and the hotels for the different cities.  When I was in Chicago, I almost missed my flight back to New York City because I couldn't get a taxi.  The interviews themselves have not been too stressful.  In fact, they are somewhat fun.  I get to see a new hospital, sometimes a new city, meet new people and imagine my life in this new place.  Sometimes, I get really excited at what I see in the future and other times, not so excited.  I am hoping that I end up in one of the places that really excites me and that Farley and I end up together.  I have been so stressed out this fall (and cranky), but I have to believe that things will work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment