Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Graduation

I received two packages in the mail in the last week: my graduation announcements and my doctoral gown, hood, tassel and tam (the doctoral hat, which looks like a beret).  I think people look a bit silly in graduation attire and the people who look the silliest are those with a doctorate.  Nonetheless, I am so proud to have my silly outfit!  Watch out, you might be getting a graduation announcement in the mail soon.  It is hard to believe my commencement ceremony is only about a month away!  I am so excited and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures!

Oh, and I got my graduation shoes a couple weeks ago (actually, they arrived while I was on the phone with the management team at my new apartment confirming that I got the apartment!).  I know that you usually don't get graduation shoes, but I was loving these from afar for months and I just decided to get them because I am not buying anything else.  Besides, who doesn't need to be 4.5-5 inches taller at graduation?  I had to wear them around the house for a week or so to practice walking before I could wear them out to dinner.  I wore them three times last week for just a couple hours each time and I can now walk in them without looking like a raptor from Jurassic Park.  The last time I wore them out a family friend said, "You are walking the streets like a pro...wait I didn't mean it that way!"  It sure made me laugh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment