Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall is strange in the south

It has been a bit cold this week...you know 78 degrees! I think it feels cold because the air conditioning at the school is set to about 65 degrees and it has been raining. The rain feels warm and it isn't too bad (there is a lot of rain when it comes down), but when you go into the air conditioning wet, it makes you feel EXTRA cold. I actually made chicken noodle soup and lasagna in the last week because I feel cold enough to EAT hot food. I'm going to freeze when I go home!

Well, I've narrowed down the fields I don't want to go into: cardiology, nephrology and pulmonary are OUT! Maybe I shouldn't rule out pulmonary because I've always thought that cystic fibrosis is VERY interesting; however, I don't like calculating the pressures and the bronchial equilibrium points, and etc. I do LOVE infectious disease and obviously cancer. I guess love isn't the correct word ... I find them extremely interesting. Speaking of interesting, I have to review more kidneys and histology before I get to go to bed! I have a great story to tell so I'll write again in the next day or two.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, I wanted to thank you for doing your blog. It is fun to see the pictures of where you are and to read what you are doing. Sounds like you are doing good. We are all looking forward to meeting Farley. He sounds like a nice guy and he treats you well. You look so happy. Won't be long and you'll be home. The front door glass of the salon was shattered Wed. night. Can you believe the guy that was in the fight came down Thursday morning to pay for it!! Isn't that something. He said the cops came. It is fixed now. Hope your Mom and Dad had a good time . We called her on Tuesday and she did't answer or call us back!. The nerve of her to ignore us on her vacation!!Just kidding! Talk to you later. Be careful!! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty,

    Thanks for the nice note. It is great to hear from you. That is really impressive that the gentleman returned to pay for the glass that he broke; most people wouldn't. Mom said that she is having a great time in Vegas and isn't excited about coming home. We've been working hard on the kidneys, which are an extremely complicated organ. Other than the brain, whch medicine hasn't completely figured out, the kidneys are probably the most complex. THe liver is complicated too, but I don't believe it is as difficult as the kidneys. Anyway, I better get back to the books.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete