Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A few pictures

I took a study break to walk along the sea at sunset. Here are some pictures that are showing something other than the Cabrits.


Above: Looking North from just south of my apartment complex (Portsmouth Beach Hotel--PBH). Ross is north of where I live.

Here is a picture looking south. The clouds look so close down here, like you can reach out and touch them.



Above is a little stream which goes into the Caribbean Sea. Dominica has 365 rivers (I don't think this counts as one of them). Interestingly, the water was VERY warm and this picture is the best I can find to show you what a black sand beach look like. Moreover, Dominica has black sand beaches because it was formed from volcanoes (I'm sure there is more to the story, but I'm not a geologist). I'm not sure if this stream is from one of the many hot springs on the islands, but the water was like cool bath water (the ocean as Luke warm last night--I know you feel sorry for me).


You can see the black sand a little bit in the bottom left corner of the picture. This is just another sunset picture looking south from my complex.




Texas and Montana both claim to have "big sky", but I think Dominica beats them both.


No comments:

Post a Comment