Monday, June 8, 2009

Up, Up and Away!!

Farley and I had a great dinner at home before heading out on Saturday. We weren't sure if we wanted to go to a movie or have a battle of "dance dance revolution" at Gameworks. I've been giving Farley a hard time about betting him at dance dance revolution and other video games for weeks now, I'm not sure when he figured out that I'm just giving him a hard time and I really have no video game skills to speak of. I must admit, it was hard not to burst out laughing when his competitive side came out and he was telling me to get ready for defeat--I already knew I know I am going to loose but apparently he thought I was serious when I was teasing him about my excellent video gaming skills. Considering that there were a lot of teeny-boppers at the mall, we decided to go to a movie and other than Up, there wasn't anything that either of us wanted to see. Up was completely original and the graphics were amazing. I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite of the Disney-Pixar movies. During the previews, they showed a preview for "The Princess and the Frog" which is first Disney's Princess movie in a long time (at least that I can remember) and the princess is African American. Since we saw the preview, Farley has been ranting and raving that every other ethnic group has a princess and it is about time that little African American girls have their own princess too.

On Sunday, we went to see some of Farley's family in Miami, which was wonderful. I had such a great time! I was a little surprised at how much I missed my grandparents after seeing his grandparents. I especially missed my grandpa after seeing his grandparents--it's hard to believe grandpa passed away over 10 years ago! Anyway, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment