Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Flight back to Miami

As usual, I was crying when I left the Spokane International Airport. However, I think since Farley was with me, I didn't cry as much as usual. I'm not sure if Farley realized, but when I ran into bathroom after getting through security I cried for a few minutes before trying to clean up. I think it is incredibly difficult to leave family and unfortunately, it really hasn't gotten any easier in the two years since I've moved away. Too bad I can't just pack up all the people I love and move them around the country as I travel for school!!

Anyway, the flight to Seattle was rather uneventful. Farley and I didn't get to sit next to each other, which was okay. I think I read almost 100 pages of I, Mona Lisa by Jeanne Kalogridis. It is another historical fiction book that is written about the same time period as The Agony and the Ecstasy, which I read last semester, but obviously from a different point of view. I really liked I, Mona Lisa--so much so that I finished it after another hour and a half on the flight to Miami. If I would have slept more on the way to Spokane, I probably would have finished it on the way to Spokane. As it was, I spent most of my time trying to sleep and was too tired to read when I wasn't trying to sleep. Oh well! The flight to Miami was only about 1/3 of the way full, which was surprising to me. Luckily for us, there were probably 6 infants and small children on the plane. They took turns crying for probably all but 30 minutes of the six hour flight. I can imagine that flying with a young child would be difficult, but I would think a parent would bring some toys for the poor children. Some of the parents brought absolutely nothing for the little ones to do. No wonder they were crying. At least I know how to read and can amuse myself with novels. What can a three year old do, especially if Mom and Dad don't bring them anything?

We landed about 10:00pm, hopped in a cab and headed back to the apartment. I was glad to be back in one piece. The flight is so long and tiring that it was hard to believe I had eaten breakfast with my parents that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment