Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hot water, HA, it' s been out for over a month!

That's right, living on a Caribbean Island may seem like sunsets, rum and lazy days, but my friends, it's not. I have not had hot water in a month--yup, I'm showering in ice cold water. I don't even think the bottled water on this island is as cold as my shower. It was luke-warm for about three days a month ago and before that it was another month. That's right it has really been more like two months since I've had a really good, hot shower. It is so bad that if either or Farley or I have not freezing water at we immediately calls the other to say "get in NOW, before the ice cubes start flowing again!" I'm not quite sure what we'd do without each other. We have a study buddy and a not-so-ice-water-shower-notifier. Yes, it is more than most can ask or even expect in a significant other! Farley spoke to the management yesterday and "told them what to do." Well, when I checked the shower water tonight, it is warm and even clear--not brown!!!! It's a good day!

As if the hot water situation isn't enough, our Internet has been out at our apartment for about a week. Yea--it stinks! But right now, we are back in business as I'm typing during a study break at my little apartment right this very moment. A great thing about the Internet being back is that I get these cravings for music and with the Internet I can buy whatever I want to hear. It is the only indulging I get on this little island, so I allow it. I missed my Dad today, so obviously, I downloaded his favorite Christmas tune, "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." I think Dad thinks he IS the Grinch, but he isn't. Before the last exam, I decided that I needed to dance to "Thriller" and "Billy Jean." Yesterday, I decided I needed to hear "The Mission--Gabriel's Obeo." Anyone who attended a Jesuit School probably, like me, is very familiarly with this amazing work of music. I didn't love the movie (with Robert De Niro), but I LOVE (can't emphasize enough) the music.

Another great thing about the Internet being back is that I can talk to Mom and Dad again on Skype or Google Talk (or anyone else if you email me and we can exchange Skype names---how fun!). Now that Mom and Dad have high speed Internet, the world is their oyster! They can even look at my smiling, tan face and I can see them.

I haven't posted a Caribbean Sunset lately and since I've been complaining, I should put something positive up too:

No comments:

Post a Comment