Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rainbow

There are lots of rainbows in Dominica. I guess that is a perk of living in a rain forest: it rains and then it is sunny so you get a rainbow. However, this is the first rainbow that I've gotten a good picture of--taken from my balcony of course.


I found an old Irish lullaby on iTunes that my Grandmother sang to me when I was little. Then, when she was dying of cancer, I sang it to her. I even remember climbing in bed with her and singing it together. I was only six when she died but I vividly remember that day. I remember pretending to be sick so I wouldn't have to leave. I remember telling Mom, very frankly, that Grandma was dying so I needed to stay home. Mom and Dad made me go to school and when she picked me up I remember standing in front of St. Joseph's Parish informing her that I knew Grandma was dead. She asked me how I knew and I told her that I just knew Grandma would be dead before I came home from school (Mom told me laster that Grandma died about 45 minutes after I left for school). It was the day I knew I wanted to be a doctor. The pot at the end of this rainbow is completing my Doctorate in Medicine. Grandma will be so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment